Master your Basic Facts with speed and accuracy (lots of free apps as well)
- Math Fact Master (free)
- Time Tables ($0.99) - There are many apps to help students with their times tables. These are great because they provide feedback when the student makes a mistake and keeps a record of performance so you can see improvement.
- Penguin Jump Maths (free)
- Yodel Math ($2.99)
Math Videos on Various Topics
Language Arts Apps
- Spelling City - practice your spelling words from Mr. Rojas's class, all year long. The spelling lists from our class are found under the teacher name: Raimer Rojas
- Rhyme ($0.99) - there are a few rhyming dictionaries online and as apps. These are great for poetry writing and songwriting.
- Chicktionary ($1.99) - forming words from letters... There are plenty of other word games that are fun and educational.
- Accelerated Reader (free)
- Prezi for Ipad (free) - create and present beautiful presentations
Social Studies Apps
Visual Arts Apps
- Futulele ($2.99) - Program chords to a song (I can provide these) and play along with this virtual Ukelele.
- OMGuitar (2.99) - Program chords to a song (I can provide these) and play along with this virtual Guitar.
Apps for Creative Projects
- Stop-Motion Animation - The App Store has numerous stop-motion apps to choose from, for the iPhone, iPod Touch (4th Generation) and iPad 2-newest Ipad. Some are free, some are a $1 or more. Recommended below:
- O Snap! Time Lapse & Stopmotion ($)
- Stopmotion Studio (free with limitations but $3.99 in-app purchase gives you full acess)
- Brain Pop - this app features a different brain pop video per day. If you also have a subscription to Brain Pop, then you will be given access to all their videos.
- Dropbox - provides the ability to upload files of any kind and then have access to them from any computer. Great way to bring a video file (or document) to school without needing a USB drive