How to Make Stop-Motion Animation
Though most of these tutorials are made for LEGO bricks, you can use anything you want to animate (clay, paper, etc.)
Examples of Stop-Motion Animation
- by Josiah R.** - Pirate Olympics through the Ages, Poor Man's Olympics, Lego Man Fight, Car Racing Stop Motion & Paper Man Adventures
- by Quinn B. - A Grievous Moment: Star Wars Stop Motion Animation
Programs to Make Stop-Motion Animation
- Stop Motion Animation App for Macs and Ipads. Take a video tour
of Smovie. Excellent app and very user-friendly. It costs about $39.99.
The App Store - has numerous stop-motion apps to choose from, for the iPhone, iPod Touch (4th Generation) and iPad 2. Some are free, some are a $1 or more.
- advantage: it's all integrated in the application, which means you won't have to transfer to a different application/program to complete the process. By far, the easiest to use!
- advantage: it's the most portable setup.
- needed: You will need some kind of tripod or holder for the iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad.
- disadvantages: it all depends on the application you get.
- suggestion: read the reviews to get an idea about what's good and what's a problem or limitation, with each application.
- stop motion apps recommendations: