Dear parents, I highly recommend that you purchase the following items for your child to use during the 2015-2016 academic year:
(If you are not able to afford these, please let me know ASAP and we will work something out)
- Backpack – a must!
- 3-Ring Binder - 2” or larger (one for general use) – a must!
- 5 or more dividers
- 2 Book Covers - for the math and language arts textbooks assigned (could be made out of paper, or the stretchable kind) – a must!
- Pencils (a long–lasting supply. If mechanical, must have an endless supply of replacement lead) – a must!
- Pens (only the colors of black and blue are allowed for school work and homework, and red is allowed for editing and revising writing) – a must!
- Language Arts Notebook (a 5-subject spiral notebook of at least 180 pages) - a must!
- 4+ Dry-Erase “Fine Point” Pens for student use (at least two 2 black, others could be of various colors – used for white boards) – a must!
- 2 Pocket Folders (for homework & for handouts/flyers) – a must!
- 2 Single Subject Spiral Notebooks & 1 Composition Book (for science, social studies, etc.)
- Hand-held Pencil Sharpener (that contains the shavings)
- College-Ruled Lined Paper (with three holes)
- 1 Protractor
- 1 Compass
- Colored Pencils (1 set)
- Calculator (basic kind)
- Highlighters (4 colors – yellow, blue, red/pink, green)
- Pencil box or zippered pouch (not too big)
- Please make sure your child comes with pencils and pens to school. I don’t get enough pens and pencils for the unlimited use of 30+ students. Any pencils borrowed in class are to be returned by student before going home!
- I will have a few composition books to sell for $0.50, and spiral notebooks for $0.25. They will be sold on a first come basis.